Up to the Mountain today...and I'm scared sh**less. What am I going to forget to bring? I'm sure it'll be something. There's a pile-o-stuff in the front room just waiting to be stuffed into the backpack...but who knows how much space there will be with a sleeping bag, several jackets, climbing pants, etc., etc., etc.
Weather forecast is looking better and better. Maybe showers on Monday night and nothing during the day. Keeping my fingers crossed. I can't imagine climbing in the rain...and with the freezing level at 14,000 ft. it's going to be rain. A lot of color in the sky this morning...beautiful sunrise.
Slept in this morning...made it to 2:00AM. I'm sure I'll be bushed b y the end of the day. No exercise, but the stress of the unknown. This is a situation neither Kenny nor I have been in and frankly, I don't have a clue what to expect.
Bought a new camera yesterday (small, compact, great resolution and a 5X zoom) so I'm hoping for some killer pictures. If the weather stays clear, there should be some great shots of Mt. Adams and Mt St. Helens. I've seen some spectacular pictures on the web of the Little Tahoma peak and some skyline shots but most of them have a LOT of white in them...go figure.
I've decided not to shave until we come back down. Want to look like one of those veteran climbers when I summit...like i've been at base camp for 2 months training for an assault on Everest.
Good Luck Gary and Kenny !
ReplyDelete