Saturday, August 20, 2011

T-Minus 1 Day and Counting

Saturday 6:00AM. I've been up since 1:00AM and dozing off and on. My typical first day back from DC. Can't sleep worth a darn. Maybe a little excitement about the coming events too? I think so.

Today is shopping day for those last items for the climb...sun screen, ear plugs (not sure why we need these), tube socks, etc., etc. etc. Allergy shots up first thing then visit mom and dad. Home to pack and relax after that. I'm sure I'll be thinking of things I should be taking all day.

Looks like rain is forecast for Monday evening and Tuesday. Climbing in the rain does not sound like fun to me. Maybe it'll be a low cloud layer and we'll be above it all. Pretty sure we will be once we reach Camp Muir (10,000 ft.).

Our normal flight crew was working the DC flight home and they wished me good luck over the loud speaker when we were passing the Mountain. Lots of gallows humor at work, "keep you ass out of the crevasse" from the boss. I think that will be my motto for this adventure. I also have a special surprise for Kenny when we reach the summit...some celebratory aids.

Plan on taking my iPad up to Ashford (our jumping off point) so Kenny and I can continue to post up until Tuesday and can post once we come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment