I don't know about Kenny but it's getting really hard to focus at work. I've been waiting and working for this for over 6 months and the anticipation is starting to build. Take a good look at the map route Kenny posted. It'll be interesting to see if it's easier than it looks. And the doubts are starting to grow...did I work out enough...will I get altitude sickness...do I have enough determination to get to the top?
One more day in DC and then back to the coast. We usually get a great view of the Mountain when we fly in to Seattle and I continue to be amazed at how beautiful it is.
Saturday's going to be spent running errands and packing. Sunday, Kenny and I meet at the Mountain and go through an orientation meeting. Monday we spend the day on the snow above Paradise practicing safety procedures. Tuesday we climb to Camp Muir, spend the night in the bunkhouse there and Wednesday we go for the top. The website says we start out around 2:30AM andf it looks to be a long day. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather will stay nice through then.
No comments:
Post a Comment